The cheesecake is one of my favorite cakes. This is an American recipe for a wonderful cheesecake.
- ½ (or 4 oz) cup butter.
- 1 ¾ cups finely crushed graham crackers.
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 4 cups (o 32 oz) cream cheese.
- 1 ¼ cups superfine sugar.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 3 eggs at room temperature.
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature.
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat and add the butter. Heat until butter melts and remove from the stove.
- Stir in the melted butter the crushed graham crackers and granulated sugar and then mix.
- Put the mix in a round cake pan and press tightly into the bottom.
- Put the cake pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes and then, let cool in a wire rack.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400ºF.
- With a electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy in a bowl.
- Add gradually sugar and flour and beat until smooth.
- Increase the speed beat in the vanilla extract and add the eggs and yolks one a time.
- Finally, beat in heavy cream using the mixer‘s fastest speed. The mixture will be light and creamy.
- Grease the sides of cake pan with butter, pour in the filling and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 200ºF and bake for additional 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake inside for 3 hours to cool.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge and refrigerate overnight.
You can use Oreo cookies for a chocolate base instead of graham crackers. You have to remove the cream filling from the cookies!