The most fluffy cupcakes I’ve ever baked!
Ingredients for cupcakes. Makes 18.
Ingredients for frosting
Directions for cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line two standard cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together with a whisk or electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs one a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda over the mixture and mix.
- Add mashed banana, sour cream and the milk and mix until combine.
- Using two spoons, fill about ¾ of each paper cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake tests clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Directions for chocolate ganache
- Combine chocolate and heavy cream in a sauce pan.
- Stir over a low heat until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature before use.
- Spread chocolate ganache over cooled cupcakes and top with a dried banana chip.
This is a traditional pie for Thanksgiving day!
Ingredients for crust
Ingredients for filling
Directions for pie crust
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add margarine.
- Mix using your hands.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ice water a time and mix with your hands until you have a compact dough.
- Split the dough in 2 pieces.
- Put each dough in plastic wrap and put in the fridge at least 1 hour, up to 2 days.
- Remove one dough from the fridge and let at room temperature at least 10 minutes in order to soften.
- Spread flour sprinkles over a surface and put the dough.
- With your hands make a circle.
- Using a rolling pin spread the dough circle. The dough should be bigger than the pie plate.
- Roll in in the rolling pan the dough and then roll out over the pie plate.
- Press the pie dough down and to sides.
- Using scissors, trim the dough about 1inche from the edge of the pie plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.
Directions for filling
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine pumpkin purée, sugars (granulated and brown), salt, ginger, cinnamon, and flour, and mix until combine.
- In small bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, and vanilla, and beat lightly to mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture, stirring to blend.
- Remove the pie shell from fridge and pour the filling into the shell.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the filling is almost set. The center should still look slightly undercooked.
- Stop the oven and keep inside for 5 minutes. Residual heat will continue to cook the filling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature before enjoy!
The cheesecake is one of my favorite cakes. This is an American recipe for a wonderful cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat and add the butter. Heat until butter melts and remove from the stove.
- Stir in the melted butter the crushed graham crackers and granulated sugar and then mix.
- Put the mix in a round cake pan and press tightly into the bottom.
- Put the cake pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes and then, let cool in a wire rack.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400ºF.
- With a electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy in a bowl.
- Add gradually sugar and flour and beat until smooth.
- Increase the speed beat in the vanilla extract and add the eggs and yolks one a time.
- Finally, beat in heavy cream using the mixer‘s fastest speed. The mixture will be light and creamy.
- Grease the sides of cake pan with butter, pour in the filling and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 200ºF and bake for additional 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake inside for 3 hours to cool.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge and refrigerate overnight.
You can use Oreo cookies for a chocolate base instead of graham crackers. You have to remove the cream filling from the cookies!