Here the recipe to bake a yummy red velvet cake!
Red Velvet Cake ingredients
Cream cheese frosting ingredients
You can make your own buttermilk adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to 1 cup of whole milk. After 15 minutes, you’ll have buttermilk.
Directions for cake
- Preheat oven to 355º F.
- Stir in a bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. and mix using a whisk.
- In a different bowl mix butter with sugar until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one a time, and beat until mix.
- Add red food coloring to buttermilk. Be careful with stains! It’s very hard to leave from clothes!
- Add dry ingredients from the first bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder) in 3 times, alternating with buttermilk, and beat.
- Put in a round cake pan. or in two small round cake pans.
- Put in the oven about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake tests clean.
- Let cool.
Directions for frosting
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy in a bowl.
- Add butter and vanilla extract and beat.
- Finally, add confectioners’ sugar and mix well.
- Cut the cake horizontally in 2 pieces. If you’ve baked it in two cake pans, don’t have to cut it.
- Spread the top of first layer with frosting using a spatula. Add the second layer and spread more frosting. Then, spread the cream cheese frosting to cover the entire cake.
- Keep refrigerate for 4 hours.
You can bake cupcakes instead a cake. Put a cupcake pan and fill paper cupcake liners with the batter using two spoons. Put in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a inserted toothpick tests clean. Use cream cheese frosting to decorate cupcakes.
3 Red Velvet cakes
Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting.
3 layer Red Velvet cake.
A piece of cake.
This is a traditional pie for Thanksgiving day!
Ingredients for crust
Ingredients for filling
Directions for pie crust
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add margarine.
- Mix using your hands.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ice water a time and mix with your hands until you have a compact dough.
- Split the dough in 2 pieces.
- Put each dough in plastic wrap and put in the fridge at least 1 hour, up to 2 days.
- Remove one dough from the fridge and let at room temperature at least 10 minutes in order to soften.
- Spread flour sprinkles over a surface and put the dough.
- With your hands make a circle.
- Using a rolling pin spread the dough circle. The dough should be bigger than the pie plate.
- Roll in in the rolling pan the dough and then roll out over the pie plate.
- Press the pie dough down and to sides.
- Using scissors, trim the dough about 1inche from the edge of the pie plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.
Directions for filling
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine pumpkin purée, sugars (granulated and brown), salt, ginger, cinnamon, and flour, and mix until combine.
- In small bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, and vanilla, and beat lightly to mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture, stirring to blend.
- Remove the pie shell from fridge and pour the filling into the shell.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the filling is almost set. The center should still look slightly undercooked.
- Stop the oven and keep inside for 5 minutes. Residual heat will continue to cook the filling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature before enjoy!
Here the recipe to bake 2 dozens of chocolate chip cookies! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients ; flour, salt and baking soda. Then, set aside.
- In a new bowl, combine brown sugar, softened butter, granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy using a whisk or electric mixer.
- Add eggs one a time and just mix.
- Add dry ingredients to batter and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix.
- Using two spoons, drop mixture in small scoops over a greased oven tray.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
You can put some chocolate chips over the scoop before put in the oven. After bake, you’ll have chocolate chips’ topped cookies.
Hand made chocolate chip cookies
The cheesecake is one of my favorite cakes. This is an American recipe for a wonderful cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat and add the butter. Heat until butter melts and remove from the stove.
- Stir in the melted butter the crushed graham crackers and granulated sugar and then mix.
- Put the mix in a round cake pan and press tightly into the bottom.
- Put the cake pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes and then, let cool in a wire rack.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400ºF.
- With a electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy in a bowl.
- Add gradually sugar and flour and beat until smooth.
- Increase the speed beat in the vanilla extract and add the eggs and yolks one a time.
- Finally, beat in heavy cream using the mixer‘s fastest speed. The mixture will be light and creamy.
- Grease the sides of cake pan with butter, pour in the filling and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 200ºF and bake for additional 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake inside for 3 hours to cool.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge and refrigerate overnight.
You can use Oreo cookies for a chocolate base instead of graham crackers. You have to remove the cream filling from the cookies!
Brownie. Image source : Wikipedia.
Brownie is a popular chocolate kind of cake. You can eat it with coffee, milk or vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat your oven at 350º F and grease a square 9” x 13” cake pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the sugar and stir until combine. Then, let it cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Put the mixture in a bowl. It should be thick.
- Add the eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well until combined. You can use a whisk or a electric mixer.
- Add the flour and mix with a silicone spatula until combine.
- Stir with whisk for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Optional. Add chocolate chips and/or pecan nuts and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. To know if the brownie if ready, you can insert a toothpick. If it comes out semi-clean, it’s ready.
- Cut in pieces of about 2 inches.
- In a plate, put 2 pieces.
- Put the plate in the microwave 20 seconds.
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.