Brownie is a popular chocolate kind of cake. You can eat it with coffee, milk or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 8 oz) unsalted butter.
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar.
- 4 eggs at room temperature.
- 1 ¼ cups cocoa powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- ½ cups all-purpose flour.
- Optional. Chocolate chips.
- Optional. Some pecan nuts.
- Preheat your oven at 350º F and grease a square 9” x 13” cake pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the sugar and stir until combine. Then, let it cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Put the mixture in a bowl. It should be thick.
- Add the eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well until combined. You can use a whisk or a electric mixer.
- Add the flour and mix with a silicone spatula until combine.
- Stir with whisk for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Optional. Add chocolate chips and/or pecan nuts and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. To know if the brownie if ready, you can insert a toothpick. If it comes out semi-clean, it’s ready.